Monday, January 31, 2011

It is Official


Well as you can already tell we clearly did not find out on the 28th that the court decree was final but we found out today that it was final on the 28th and we received a copy of A's new birth certificate and adoption certificate. I was at work today and knew that our caseworker does not get to work until 10:00am so I was completely calm and patient until about 10:05am and them the nerves started setting in. At 10:45am I got the long awaited email that said, "Cindy congratulations it is final, you can celebrate today". I squealed and started crying all at once. Of course I was in a public area of my office filled with staff that I do not know and who have no clue what was going on. Thankfully our office manager did know exactly what was going on and gave me a big hug as she started to tear up as well. Just like with court, I had no doubt that this would go through, but it was such a huge relief all the same. I quickly called Chris, Mom, Dad, and Bryan. I then texted a bunch of people and posted it on facebook. It was so fantastic to hear the relief in everyone's responses. We can breath easy now because although she is not yet in our arms, she is ours!
Meet Allie Anastasiya Kelley

Anastasiya is her birth name and they called her Nastya in the orphanage. We have always said that our daughter's name (which we never thought we would have a daughter) would be Allie. We were just waiting to find our little A!
They should be applying for her passport in the next couple of days. We found out on Thursday that the families that are three weeks ahead of us in the process were notified that there passports were complete. We are hoping that this means in three weeks we will have similar news and can travel back to get her. I will most definitely keep everyone in the know!

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the two of you. She fits perfectly with you and Chris... She's ADORABLE!!!! Congratulations!!! Being adopted myself, I know this is such a special time for ALL 3 of you!!! -Kaci(Herron) Allgood

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, Mommy and Daddy Kelley!!!! This made me cry as tomorrow is the 21st anniversary of my adoption. One day you will look back after 21 years and think it seems like so long ago! She is gorgeous!!!! God bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiiful Pics.. Congratulations! Luv Ya'll,
    Andy and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is BEAUTIFUL...she has such a glow about her. Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more about her!!

    Erica McCartney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! She is beautiful! Your mom was so proud and excited the other day when I had dinner with her! I will be in prayer that the next step comes quickly and smoothly! Love from Monroe! Stacy Coco

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! I am so happy for you guys! Allie is so beautiful, and what a beautiful name. What a blessed little family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful! I'm so glad to see this long journey come to a close. So happy for you.

    Kerry Lopez (from the fall adoption bible study at TSC)

    ReplyDelete