Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 15 - She likes us...she really likes us!

This is Chris writing again, Cindy has been traumitized a bit so she is sitting this one out. I scared her a bit on the walk home from the store a few minutes ago, and I hope I never put her in the same type of situation. As you know, it is a bit icy and slick here. Well, I joined the ranks of those who have fallen before me while in an alley. The fall was not what scared her though, instead that just resulted in me forcing out a few explatives that I wish I could take back. The scary part is that I apparently should have stayed down for a second, because a few steps later I passed out! From Cindy's story, I softly crumbled to the ground with my eyes rolled back, and I stayed there long enough for Cindy to scream for help 4 or 5 times. This sounds incredibly dramatic (and for Cindy I bet it was/is), but I came to and felt perfect. Save the incredible pain in my lower back where all of my weight hit the ice in one specific spot.

But, it is a happy day, and you all are probably more concerned with how A is doing. Well, we left her in some major tears, but it is because even lunch is not a substitution for her mom and dad. As her typical actions, we could tell she was hungry when she told us bye, waived, put on her hat, and started putting toys away. This is really cute of course, but also sad that she is ready to leave. Especially when, like today, we still had another 25 minutes with her. She was quickly distracted, and the rest of play time ensued. When it was time to go up stairs, she started putting up her toys, but she seemed to stall a bit by putting toys up that were already in their rightful place. When we finally carried her up stairs to her room, one of the caretakers reached for her and the tears started flowing. She turned, reached out to her mommy and daddy and wailed. I am sure people walking by on the street heard our hearts break and fall to the floor. Selfishly, I loved it at the same time!

Earlier in play time, A was acting a bit more attached to us. First, I must tell you about how dad got one on the scoreboard. Being a holiday, Cindy and I went to A's classroom to pick her up. She saw us, had to put on her shoes before moving, but then ran straight over to us where Cindy was very obviously blocking the gate with her outstretched arms. As soon as A got to her, she squeezed by and ran to her papa. What a great feeling! (sorry Cindy)

Her attachment continued through most of playtime as she seldom wanted to be on the ground. Instead, she kept wanting to be held and hugged. This is very different from her normal personality, but every day seems to keep us on our toes.

She did find a new toy/game to play today. Due to the dry weather here, our poor daughter's bottom lip is split open. Today, she did something that reopened the wound and started bleeding. To help her heal, we got out the Blistex and rubbed some on her lips. She loved it, and all she wanted to do for the next little while was put it on her lips, put in on Cindy's lips, and then put it on my lips. Over and over again. I am still not sure how we got it out of her hands.

We almost did not get to go this morning, because there was a severe weather warning that asked everyone to stay inside today. This is pretty big since this city walks everywhere. Still, we ventured in taxis to the baby house, and walked in the bitter cold to the store. Why is the store important enough to risk freezing (and falling)? Because A's parents already love her so much that they just had to go buy enough juice, fruit, and treats for her whole class to enjoy tomorrow on A's 2nd birthday! We are so excited and feel so blessed to be able to celebrate with her.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you guys know that Chad and I are keeping up with your incredible journey to bring your little one home. We love you guys and are so happy for y'all. I look forward to reading the blog everyday. I tear up reading it- especially when she calls you mama and papa! That is so sweet and it reminds me not to take the little things forgranted. Children are incredible gifts from God and little A is very lucky to have such incredible parents :-) Good luck on the rest of your journey. I am looking forward to meeting little miss A as soon as we can!

    ReplyDelete