Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 23 - Law & Order

On the way to the courthouse today our translator told us that our coordinator was sick and might not be able to be at court. She said that this is not a big deal and that she would translate for us so we were not worried. Amazingly I was really not worried at all about court last night or this morning (thanks for the prayers). When it was time to go to our tiny little court room everyone that was there started talking to our translator in Russian and we kept hearing our coordinators name in a nervous manner. This is when we started worry a litttle. Our translator then called the coordinator who said she was running late and if she did not make it in time to start without her. After this our translator told us that our coordinator had the journal, which we are supposed to have in court. We now understood why everyone got so nervous. Thankfully, our coordinator got there in the nick of time and we were asked to step out while another potential mother (now officially) had her hearing.

Sitting in the hall waiting for it to be our turn we said a prayer and were at peace. I thought that I would be a wreck but I had complete faith that it would all be fine. When it was our turn, we went in and said our speeches. The social worker and director then said their part. Everyone in the room then said they were in favor of the adoption and we were asked to step out while the judge made his decision. 30 seconds later we walked back in and the judge told us that the adoption of A was granted! For not being nervous I sure did feel relieved. I felt tears coming but managed to hold them back (this is a huge accomplishment). Everyone congratulated us and called us Mama and Papa. Chris even made this really cute drawing for me:


We now have 15 days starting tomorrow to wait until we are officially her parents. In our hearts (and in God's plan) we have been A's parents since the day she was born, we just had to wait 23 months to meet our angel. We are so thankful for this miracle and for God's perfect timing. We are now packing our bags. I cannot believe that this trip is over and we have to leave A tomorrow. I will just have to remember that God's plan is perfect and to be patient in the waiting period. The passports are taking a very long time now and some families are being told that they will have to wait 9-10 weeks from their court date before it will be done. I cannot imagine being away from her a day much less months but I know that God will give me the strength (that I lack otherwise) to survive this as well.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited that everything went well! I will start praying for speed of passports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! Oh my goodness! We are so joyful for you guys! This is wonderful! Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!

    Leaving will be difficult, there's no question about that. But just keep in mind that it is just a step in bringing them home. In the meantime, we will be praying that God continues to bond the three of your hearts together.

    ReplyDelete