Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 5 A is for Artist

Per Cindy's request, Chris will be a "guest writer" for today's blog entry. (Sorry)

Due to A's little trick move played on me when she entered the room yesterday, Cindy and I lined up side by side practically competing for our daughter's initial embrace. She ran straight to Cindy's arms without hesitation, and the theme continued throughout the morning as she refused a couple of my attempts to have her let me hold her when she was upset.  It is official, she is mama's girl for now, though I am formulating a strategy to get her back! A is still giving me hugs, smiles, and laughs, so I have nothing to complain about. I am just not the one she looks to for comfort.  Talking with other families here, I am the first to have a girl that lets a man hold her at all, and she let me do that after about 15 minutes.

We introduced some new toys today because our luggage finally got here. Every day we let A look in our backpack at the toys that are available to her, and then she picks out whatever she wants to play with.  Up to today, she gets excited about everything she sees in the bag.  Today, she almost looked disapointed.  She just took things out and put them to the side as if she was on a mission.  Finally the infamous music box was in sight, and we had a very happy daughter lunge to grab the toy and start the music!  She doesn't ever concentrate on that toy, but she loves having the music at all times. 

The big discovery from today is that A absolutely loves to color, and she does that primarily with her left hand. She is so amazing in the way she is able to just do things. I don't think she has never seen a crayon (they don't seem to exist here) and yet she knew exactly what to do with them and how she wanted to use them. To be fair, she did try to eat one, but she didn't like it so we are good.  A just colors for a minute with each color one by one, then she starts all over again.  If I had to guess, I think red is in the early lead for favorite color.

A was much more focused today, and she seemed very content to sit there with her coloring book and her music box.  She was very jealous that the other child in the room was opening his Christmas presents, but she gets to have her Christmas tomorrow.  We cannot wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment