Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 12 - Happy New Year!

I cannot believe we are almost through the bonding period! We have two more days (plus a few days for the holiday) and then we can petition for court. I am not even wanting to think about leaving our little girl but at the same time I want this to go as fast as possible so we can bring her home.
Today not only A wet her pants but she also wet her Dad's pants as well. She happened to be sitting in his lap. We did give her the new outfit for the new year and although she clearly liked it, she did not want us to put it on her right away. She waited until after she went to the bathroom to do this. So you know, the children stop wearing diapers around 6 months. The caretakers will sit them on little potties at scheduled time each day until they go to the bathroom. So they are not truly potty trained.
We were able to put her cute little outfit on after the accident. She loved it. She kept picking it up and looking at it like, "wow this is new and it is not pink, nice!" Even the social worker and caretaker commented on it.
Other than this, our little girl was in a pretty sad mood today. Apparently this was the case for another woman who is here also. Her girls seemed very sad. A Swiss lady that is here pointed out that this was likely due to the weather. Considering it was about -30 I would not be suprised. I am just ready to be able to comfort her. It was clear today that she was tired but we are not in the position to rock her and put her to sleep. I want so badly to be a true mother for her but until we have her home I feel like I cannot. Either way I love being able to be here and comforting her as much I can in that hour and a half.
Oh and Happy New Year! This was a fantastic New Year. We Celebrated by bringing our daughter a new outfit, randomly meeting an American English teacher, and talking to the owner of our hotel! The environment is amazing around our hotel. It is such an amazing thought to start our new year as parents. I never thought that we would know right now who our daughter would be. Oh or that we would have a daughter. Simply Amazing! Good night and Happy New Year from Kazakhstan where the music is still bumping in our hotel. (I will be happy when this holiday is over and we can go to sleep in a quiet (( not bumping)) hotel).

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you post everyday. I love hearing about your adventures with A:) I'll be praying that the process goes as fast as possible so you can bring your baby home with you!

    ReplyDelete