Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 1 - Surprise

We met our little one today and she (yes she) is absolutely beautiful.

We first met with the director and social worker who were both just as excited as we were. They were also picking on us for the little bit of Russian that we tried to use. Oh wait, back it up, we were left to sit in a room by ourselves waiting for almost an hour for our coordinator to get to us. Before this experience, the breakfast here is so amazing that I drank 3 cups of peach juice, one cup of hot tea and a bottle of water. Big mistake, I had to go!!! We were so nervous sitting there with all the workers walking by us with awkward looks and mumbles, but we stayed hopelessly excited.

We knew that we would probably only have 15 minutes today and the longer visits will start tomorrow. They brought her in and she was so scared. We knew this would probably be the case so it did not upset us when she cried. I reached for her to let me hold her, and she was not OK with that. We then went to the playroom with her and she quickly warmed up. Chris started by handing her rings and she would take it and stack it and we would all cheer. She played this game about 10 times. I then put my hands out and she actually came to me and let me hold her. So amazing!!! We did not think this would happen so quickly. She also let Chris hold her before we left. This is a very big deal since it was clear that she is petrified of men, which is understandable since no one was sure if she had ever seen a man. It was amazing!

As we refer to her in the future we will call her A. This is because it is both the first letter of her birth name and also the name that we have picked out for her. A is 23 months old and will turn 2 while we are here!! Simply amazing, we cannot stop smiling!

6 comments:

  1. OMG I am sooooo excited to hear this. Couldn't wait to log on to hear the news. Wow....I just can't wait to see pictures of her. At least everyone knows they can go with pink now! I am afraid this means my almost new clothes I planned to give you won't work! Haha. Can't wait to hear about your future visits. Smiling for you both and Baby A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear everything is falling into place for you! Can't wait until we can her also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was suppose to be "Can't wait until we can see her also!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're crying over here! Oh my goodness! We couldn't be more excited for you!!

    23 months, huh...? Sounds like Bennett may have a girlfriend...! But that is so amazing that you will be there to celebrate her birthday. I know that is so meaningful!

    We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are smiling with this news as well! This is a great story so far and we are very happy for you. She is only one month older than Will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so happy for ya'll, can't wait to meet little "A".

    ReplyDelete