Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 3 - The Most Wonderful Sound in the World

Every day A adjusts so much more and allows us to see more of her personality. Today there were two other families in the bonding room so we were concerned how this might upset her. It did not, it just greatly distracted her. She constantly wants to know what is going on with the people around her, but I can relate to that. The important thing is that she never went to anyone else or was even interested in interacting with anyone other than her mom and dad.

She did not cry coming in at all this time and automatically came to us. Our translator said that A got very excited when she came to get her. Today was a very special day for Chris and I because today we heard our darling little girl laugh. She started "running" back and forth between us with her arms open so that we would swoop her into a hug and give her bunches of kisses. She would laugh and laugh! She then started hiding from her papa behind me and would not stop laughing when Chris caught her, and she made catching her very easy to do.

We had so much fun today! It was also clear that she was starting to trust us because she would just fall and trust that we would catch her. This little game will definately keep us on our toes. Oh, and majorly proud moments for each of us today! When we brought out the picture book of A's new family, the first thing she did was open to a picture of us and say "mom". We are not sure if it really meant what we hope, but I will take my victories where I can. When she was leaving us (tear) she definitely said "Papa" twice! Chris, of course, obviously swelled with pride and happiness. Every day that we are with her it is even harder to leave her. The hour and a half flies by.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cindy! This is the first time I've been able to comment...well because I tear up every time I read your posts. I CANNOT wait to meet sweet little A! I know that this is a life changing journey and I am so thankful that you are keeping us updated and allowing us to "watch" and pray for you all. What a blessing a child is and I cannot wait to hear more about your time with her. She is soooo blessed to have you and Chris as Mom and Papa. I love you THREE so very much!

    ReplyDelete